db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl <thomas.vand...@tewisoft.de>
Subject Re: Patch TQRS219
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:44:29 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> I do not see this patch in the 3.1.1 release, because there exists no
> documentation at the moment and because the patch would have to be adjusted
> to the changes in BasePeer which have been applied to CVS since the patch.
>
> At the moment, it seems that after the 3.1.1 release is out, I will have
> time to rework the patch and write some documentation.
>
> Henning, I just wonder whether you agree with the appoach I have taken in
> BasePeer, which is to split the method createQuery() and
> createPreparedStatement() into several methods, i.e. processJoins()...,
> processModifiers()... , and whether that collides with anything you have
> done in your 3_1_HENNING-Branch.

I guess some existing application will be the best measure here. I wrote
something similar (but not as sophisticated) for My Personal Torque(TM).
I have not submitted it for the very same reason: no docs. But it works
for me. Maybe we can join forces?

While we are at it. I could use a sub-select every now and then. There
was some code posted to torque-user a while ago which looked promising.
I would volunteer for a patch and docs for this one if you guys agreed.

One last thing. I found the handling of inserts a little bit poor. From
what I know the "insert into ... select ... from" statement is SQL
standard. I thought of something like

doInsert(Criteria whichcolumns, Criteria select);

Anyone cares to comment?

Bye, Thomas.