db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Antwort: ABOUT OUTER JOIN IN TORQUE
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:12:47 GMT

Hi,

The problem with the outer Join Tokens is that they are not standard SQL,
and therefore they do not work on most DB's. In Standard SQL you would use
SELECT * FROM TABLE_A LEFT OUTER JOIN TABLE_B WHERE ...
Some moths ago, I posted a patch against the Torque 3.1 release, which
allows to use outer joins. The patch can be found in the Torque Issue
Tracker :

http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS219

It was reported that the patch works with Oracle and PostgreSQL so far, but
it should work with other DBs as well.
Note that this patch is not yet committed to CVS. It is planned to do this,
but as I am quite busy at the moment, this will take at least till the
middle of October.

If you have problems applying the patch, please contact me.

     Thomas