db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: case sensitive ORDER BY
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:52:28 GMT
Hello Thomas,
Thanks for your reply.

A few thoughts on case sensitivity:
I think it would be desirable to have the flexibility to decide
separately for ORDER BY and the search itself whether they are to be
case sensitive or not.
I am not quite sure what exactly Criteria.setIgnoreCase() has an effect
on right now (in v3.1). But if you wanted, say, a case sensitive ORDER
BY and case insensitive search criteria, one flag wouldn't do the job.

You would probably need something like an SqlEnum.IEQUAL and
SqlEnum.ILIKE and the corresponding negative operators.

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika