db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject case sensitive ORDER BY
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:59:19 GMT

I am using Torque 3.1 with PostgreSQL 7.4.

I noticed that the generated ORDER BY clause is always case insensitive.
Regardless of Criteria.setIgnoreCase(), for Strings the ORDER BY clause
always uses UPPER(<col>). I had a look at
BasePeer.processOrderBy(), which always calls
db.ignoreCaseInOrderBy(orderByColumn) for Strings.

Is this intended?
How can a case sensitive ORDER Bbe produced?

(processOrderBy() was introduced by Thomas Fischer for the outer join
patch but this particular piece of code is identical to the original in

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz