db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: db-torque/xdocs release-changes.xml
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:54:31 GMT
Hello Henning,

henning@apache.org wrote:

> henning     2004/09/06 04:20:12
>
>   Another of the "huh, how could this ever work?" bugs. Deleting an object
>   containing a timestamp didn't work, because the PostgreSQL adapter was
>   missing a method to convert the timestamp to the postgres format. So the
>   default [ts: <java.util.Date>] text was used, which (of course) returned
>   an error from the JDBC driver.
>
>   Probably selecting and updating didn't work, either. Well, timestamps don't
>   seem to be much in use these days. ;-)

They are in our application! (Every table has a timestamp so I can
determine whether a record has been modified in the meantime in another
session.) - I ran into exactly that problem and had to fudge my own
solution using the PK for delete and update ;-)

Speaking of delete + update: it really bugs the hell out of me that
there is no feedback whether the record has been updated/deleted. Any
chance that could be implemented for 3.2?

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz