db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Deployment to repository [was" [SOURCE] Issue #TRQS217 modified]
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:08:31 GMT
Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>Excellent.

>cannot deploy the plugin because of a permission problem.  It seems that
>the directory /x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/torque/plugins
>doesn't have group write access and hence I cannot write the jar file

"§(")=!§ Maven. :-) Done.

-bash-2.05b$ pwd
/x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/torque/plugins
-bash-2.05b$ ls -lad .
drwxrwxr-x  2 henning  apcvs  512 Aug 22 17:42 .

[...]

>BTW: I recall a while back you expressing some caution about using
>site:deploy / site:sshdeploy - is this caution still warranted or are
>you happier with these now that maven 1.0 has been released?

maven-1.0 is an improvement beyond the betas that I cannot start to
put in words. The work done on the tree beyond b10 is tremendous and
personally I consider it stable (though not quirk-free but no software
really is).

I did deploy the various Turbine sites with maven site:deploy and had
no problems. Only gotcha might be directory permission problems.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"