db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Deployment to repository [was" [SOURCE] Issue #TRQS217 modified]
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:38:38 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>if you want to, you can use the "maven jar:deploy" goal to put a
>snapshot or a release onto the www.apache.org repository. From there,
>it is mirrored onto ibiblio. No more "could you please upload <xxx>
>from <yyy>" asking on the maven lists. Yeah!
>
>For the plugin, it is maven plugin:repository-deploy (noone would have
>expected it to have the same name as the deploy target in the jar
>plugin. ;-) ).
>
>One cause for concern that I have is the fact that we have two
>development branches and only one "SNAPSHOT" version. You can't decide
>for yourself, if <version>SNAPSHOT</version> will pull a 3.1 or a 3.2
>snapshot from ibiblio.
>
>Ah well, I said time and again on the maven lists, that the whole
>SNAPSHOT concept was a bad idea, but no one wanted to listen...

Thanks Henning, this sounds really good.  I know it is OT, but would you
mind listing for me the properties that I need to set to make this work.

Maven tells me that I need:

    maven.username

It tries to deploy to ibiblio so I suppose I have to tell it where the
repository is.  Is it the various maven:artifact settings that I need to
set?  If you can send me a sanitised copy of what you have it will save
me some time.

My intention is to deploy 3.1.1-rc1 of generator, maven-plugin and
runtime and then hold a release vote.  For the release I will have to
look at creating and deploying the actual distributions (signing,
mirroring, etc.)

Thanks,

Scott

--