db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Marius Siegas <mar...@elinara.ktu.lt>
Subject ComboKey composite primary key: modifying PK fields
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:51:44 GMT

   I tried to modify my fields which are part of primary key and save
   object and it doesn't work. After some investigations i found out
   that Torque builds the WHERE clause from current values of the PK
   fields. Don't you think this behavior is ill? I try to modify one
   object and it turns out i will update another... On the other hand,
   what if i want to change the value of my primary key? Is it so
   uncommon?.. Torque could save objects PK when loading and then use
   it for saving object, why not?