db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From v...@ldh.org
Subject Re: [patch] torque 3.1 + DB2 + offset+limit (LargeSelect, etc)
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:45:55 GMT
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 03:46:54PM +1000, Scott Eade wrote:
> >I've made a little method which I use in an object including
> >LargeSelect, which can do this. It accesses the class which name
> >is given in parameter to the LargeSelect constructor, sends
> >a SELECT COUNT() thing and gets the result.
> >
> >I wonder if it would be useful for others to include it in
> >LargeSelect.
> >

> Provide the method and we will see about including it.

Ok, here is a patch for LargeSelect.java in the Torque 3.1
source tree.

It provides a public int getTotalEstimatedRecords()
method, which can be called once the LargeSelect is
instantiated.

It works here, but I only tested it against a DB2, so
of course it needs to be tested with other DBMS.

Regards,