db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From v...@ldh.org
Subject Re: [patch] torque 3.1 + DB2 + offset+limit (LargeSelect, etc)
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 05:34:05 GMT
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:34:43PM -0500, Robles, Rogelio wrote:
> So far it's working great!
>
> This patch should be included as part of Torque with your remark.

Thanks.

I've got a remark regarding LargeSelect : getTotalRecords returns
only the total number of records that are known to exist, and there
is no method to give an estimation of the probable total number
of records from the beginning of the query.

I've made a little method which I use in an object including
LargeSelect, which can do this. It accesses the class which name
is given in parameter to the LargeSelect constructor, sends
a SELECT COUNT() thing and gets the result.

I wonder if it would be useful for others to include it in
LargeSelect.

Regards,