db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: new branch ?
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:57:27 GMT
Sorry for the delayed reply Bogdan, been busy IRL.

I am reluctant to go with a branch for this work.  The trouble is that
unless you can find time to document your work there is little point
having it in CVS.  Torque is clearly in need of new committers and I
think it would be really great if you and others stepped forward to take
on these roles and help Torque to move forwards.

I suggest you limit your fixes to specific self-contained changes that
include and necessary documentation updates and where possible test
cases.  Post patches to this list and by all means if nothing is
happening then feel free to send me the occasional reminder off-list.
After a few of your patches have been accepted and committed the process
of becomming a committer is fairly straightforward.

Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Bogdan Vatkov wrote:

>Hi, I have made a lot of fixes to the code to support fully qualified names
>and I am thinking of comitting to the CVS ina different branch ..but i still have no time
>make corresponding docs to the changes  have made ...
>anyway I use successfully fully qualified names with postgres
>To Developers:
>Is it possible for me to create a branch ? to upload the fully qualified names and
>the SERIAL type ( sql proper generation and reverse (jdbc goal)) in postgres.
>I have a lot of fixes in the code and I have developed new packages to support
>data representation/manipulation code  (stuff like representing of nested objects, authorizing
across all the data model mechanisms etc.)