db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From <florianf...@compuserve.de>
Subject Re: need help
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:46:04 GMT
Hi William!
The problem is that you're updating the primary key.
You call something like emailObj.setEmail("xyz@xyz.com"). The old
EMail-Address is overwritten and not longer present. If you now call
emailObj.save() a update will be performed due to emailObj.isNew()
returns false. Torque will generate a SQL statement like "UPDATE EMAIL
SET ... WHERE EMAIL.EMAIL = "xyz@xyz.com". This update will fail
because no such row will be found in your database.
You will have to do a doUpdate yourself.

Here's an example for solving your problem:
Criteria value = new Criteria();
value.add(EMailPeer.EMAIL, "xyz@xyz.com");

Criteria selection = new Criteria();
selection.add(EMailPeer.EMAIL, currentEMail.getEMail());

EMailPeer.doUpdate(selection, value);

Hope this helps.

F. Fray

P.S.

Be aware of changing a primary key! Not only referential integrity in
your database must be guaranteed by you application, but the identity
of your eMail object will change also.
You should take a minute to think about choosing an eMail-address as
primary key of a table. In most cases a numeric identifier will be the
first choice.