db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Shea <s...@gtsdesign.com>
Subject unit testing and Criteria
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 18:19:38 GMT
Hi --

I've started a page on the wiki on unit testing with Torque, hopefully
folks can learn from my mistakes.

Currently I'm wondering about the Criteria.equals() method.  Ideally,
this would be the ultimate unit-testing tool.  Create a known-correct
Criteria, use equals() to compare it to the result from the code under
test.  It doesn't seem to work that way at the moment, but it doesn't
have to, the semantics of equals() are loose enough so that the author
can write it however he or she wants to.

Should two Criteria objects which are identical except for the order in
which constraints are added and whether they are entered as primitives
or objects be considered equal?

If so, I'll try and track down the problem and submit a patch.

        Gary