db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Shevek <she...@anarres.org>
Subject Bad exception reporting in AbstractDataSourceFactory
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:09:40 GMT
In org/apache/torque/dsfactory/AbstractDataSourceFactory.java, we find

        catch (Exception e)
        {
            log.error(
                "Property: "
                + property
                + " value: "
                + c.getString(key)
                + " is not supported by DataSource: "
                + ds.getClass().getName());
        }

which doesn't tell us what the original exception message was. This makes
things a pain in the arse to debug since one has to guess what the problem
was. It would be traditional to print the message and stack trace for the
original exception.

Also, the javadoc says the method throws the exception, which it doesn't.

I am not subscribed, so please Cc in replies (if necessary, since this is
a fairly standalone bugreport).

Thanks.

S.

--