db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: Torque Supported RDBMS
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:13:39 GMT
said:

> I just got Torque working with Sybase ASA 9.0 last night after
> changing the readOnly() call in the village code.  Going back to the
> Torque site, I noticed that Sybase is listed under "Supported RDBMS"
> as passing all tests with the caveat that the it can't create the
> database for you.  Are the problems with the readOnly Columns and
> the ResultsMetaData.getTableName() call not factored in because they
> are actually changes in the village code and not the Torque code?
> While it does seem to work, you can't just download it and start
> using the example.  Shouldn't these issues also be listed under the
> "Supported RDBMS" status notes?

I tested this under Sybase ASE 11.x using Jconnect 4.x back in the
day.  We are still using that older version of Torque today, and I
haven't tried the latest and greatest lately.  Tomorrow at work, I'll
run the sybase tests and try to get time to update the site
accordingly.  Sorry for causing you any confusion.