db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hart <mich...@perceptek.com.au>
Subject Fix for relative XML references
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 05:08:44 GMT
Hi,

I've been using torque-gen 3.1 to generate my DB structure and I ran
into troubles when trying to reference relative filenames from the
schema XML (would just get a "org.apache.torque.engine.EngineException
(The system cannot find the file specified)" while invoking ant with
build-torque.xml, with torque.useClasspath = true). This occurs with
both relative DTD references (ie <!DOCTYPE database SYSTEM
"database_3_1.dtd">) and with entities that I wished to include inline
(ie <!ENTITY customer SYSTEM "my-schema_customer.xml"> so that
"&customer;" can be used throughout the schema XML file). It appears the
system tries to resolve the filenames relative to the dir where the JVM
was invoked from as opposed to the dir where the referring XML file lives.

I've been able to fix these problems by adding a few lines to some of
the org.apache.torque.engine.database.transform classes - from what I've
read (I'm not much of a XML-in-Java guru), adding a setSystemId() call
to an InputSource will enable relatively addressed files to be resolved
correctly, so here are the files and lines changed to enable this
(sorry, I haven't done a diff patch):

org/apache/torque/engine/database/transform/XmlToAppData.java, line 191
to 196:

                InputSource is = new InputSource(br);

                // Set the system ID for relative file resolution
                is.setSystemId((new File(xmlFile)).toURI().toString());

                parser.parse(is, this);
---
org/apache/torque/engine/database/transform/XmlToAppData.java, line 119
to 122:

        dataDTD = new InputSource(dtdFile.toURL().openStream());

        // Set the system ID for relative file resolution
        dataDTD.setSystemId(dtdFile.toURI().toString());
---

I haven't tested this change in any other circumstances except for my
own, so YMMV.

Cheers,

Michael