db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Bogdan Vatkov" <bvat...@globaltech-bg.com>
Subject Re: [DB Torque Wiki] Updated: PostgreSQLFAQ
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:02:18 GMT
Guys,

I have a working Torque-gen source for PostgreSQL 7.3 - i mean the SERIAL
issue.
I will publish the fixes that have to be done.
I was extremly carefull while patching ..I have tried to do as minimal as
possible changes to the source to get
PostgreSQL 7.3 working correctly.
And
How to say ..SERIAL issue was not a big issue.
The multi schema projects was the hardest one to fix.

I have already fixed the most of issues to have it all working except one
thing:

When a multiple schema projects is launched then
the shema.sql is generated in the way (for each file)

CREATE TABLE statements...
ALTER TABLE ...constraint add statements...

and when you have interschema relations this is a real problem
You execute all the CREATE statements of one schema ..and after that
the ALTERs could fail ..as you refer to a different schema whose CREATE
statements are not
executed yet (as they are in another file)
I have to separate the CREATE from ALTERS in some way ...and i am working on
it now
I am not so fast 'cause I have to check all the source ..and to investigate
all the time what and how to modify
to have a smart diffs ..and I get no help on these issues that i am
targeting from the creators (or at least the guys that know the source)

I have spent my last 2 days of fixing the 7.3 issue. Maybe I will sent the
diffs before patching the multi schema problems, cause i have another work
to do also. But anyway ..these fixes will be available soon.

regards,
bogdan