db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: Questions on torque
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:09:33 GMT
Hi Andrej,

I give it a shot even if I know only half of the Torque things I should know ... :-)

+) Yes, you can select attributes from different tables in one select (checkout http://db.apache.org/torque/criteria-howto.html)

+) Outer Joins (I just checked out what this is) - you can extend Torque, you can execute
your own plain SQL queries and map them to objects, you can run a stored procedure, you can
tweak the criterias but I don't know if Torque natively supports outer joins (especially for
your database). I would assume yes

+) Yes, you can enhance Torque. The generated objects are designed to be extended by inheritance
and in some cases you can tweak the code generation mechanism Torque is using (I added some
more caching for the Torque generated code)

The problems you could have

+) What type of database are using (JDBC driver support, primary key generation)
+) When you delete records using Torque they should have a primary key

And one final point - I you use Torque setup a few JUnit tests to see if you run into any
problems .

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl