db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Adding Join feature
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:04:16 GMT
FlorianFray@deuka.de wrote:

>I'm quite new to Torque, but when I used this tool I missed some features.
>
>E.g. I'd like to have a Join-support for improving performance while
>querying data.
>As I'm not that kind of 'Hey, this tool doesn't support feature XYZ ->
>waste this tool' and Torque is open source,
>I've extended some classes to add support for explicit inner joins, left
>joins and right joins.
>I'd like to share these sources so my question is: Is there anybody
>interested in this?
>Further I'm interested in working on Torque as this tool is quite
>interesting even if JDO becomes more and more important.
>Would be great if somebody of the Torque-Devs would respond.

Florian,

Contributions are most welcome - I am certainly interested in seeing
support for the join types you mention.

You should can submit unidiff to cvs HEAD patches to the turbine-dev
list.  It is much easier for us to review and accept patches when they
include test cases so please try and provide these also.

Regards,

Scott

--
Scott Eade