db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Adding Join feature
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:04:16 GMT
FlorianFray@deuka.de wrote:

>I'm quite new to Torque, but when I used this tool I missed some features.
>E.g. I'd like to have a Join-support for improving performance while
>querying data.
>As I'm not that kind of 'Hey, this tool doesn't support feature XYZ ->
>waste this tool' and Torque is open source,
>I've extended some classes to add support for explicit inner joins, left
>joins and right joins.
>I'd like to share these sources so my question is: Is there anybody
>interested in this?
>Further I'm interested in working on Torque as this tool is quite
>interesting even if JDO becomes more and more important.
>Would be great if somebody of the Torque-Devs would respond.

Contributions are most welcome - I am certainly interested in seeing
support for the join types you mention.

You should can submit unidiff to cvs HEAD patches to the turbine-dev
list.  It is much easier for us to review and accept patches when they
include test cases so please try and provide these also.

Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.