db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Sheng Guo <sh...@in.tum.de>
Subject Re: Creating XXX-schema.xml from existing DB
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:06:36 GMT
Hello,

I have a similar problem. I wrote a sql file, and used it to generate
the tables in the PostgreSQL database. And now I want to generate a
project-schema.xml with the exiting .sql file, but it failed.

In the build-torque.xml  I have the following code:

<target
    name="sql2xml"
    description="==> creates an xml schema from an sql schema">

    <torque-sql-transform
      inputFile="${torque.schema.dir}/schema.sql"
      outputFile="${torque.schema.dir}/schema.xml"
    />
  </target>

and I tried   ant -f build-torque.xml sql2xml , but there was alway a
problem:

C:\SEP\gogol\components\cnt>ant -f build-torque.xml sql2xml
Buildfile: build-torque.xml

sql2xml:
[torque-sql-transform] Parsing SQL Schema
[torque-sql-transform] log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key
log4j.appender.o
rg.apache.torque.engine
[torque-sql-transform] log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named
"org.apa
che.torque.engine".

After that the programm stopped. What is wrong here?

Thanks!

Guo

>And good day to you. :)
>
>"- jdbc
>generates an XML schema of an existing database from JDBC metadata"
>--    From: http://db.apache.org/torque/generator/index.html
>
>It's relatively easy to do but not very documented. A sample usage is
>show in:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg01293.html.
>
>This question really belongs in the torque-user mailing list but
>hopefully the info above is sufficient to get you going.
>
>Cheers,
>
>David.
>
>On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 11:19, Juan Uys wrote:
>

>>Good day,
>>
>>I would like to know if one can create an XXX-schema.xml from an existing DB?
>>I couldn't find anything - I just scanned all the docs.
>>
>>I would like to help develop such a feature. It would use the standard JDBC API (ResultSetMetaData,
etc).
>>The utility would create the bulk of the XXX-schema.xml file, and surely the user
must go afterwards and edit the necessary bits.