db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Laurent <s...@neuronfarm.com>
Subject Re: Problem w/PostgreSQL Insert
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:29:12 GMT
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 03:00 pm, Scott Eade wrote:
> Sean Laurent wrote:
> >I appreciate the response, Scott.  However, with all due respect, you're
> >incorrect.
> >
> >To demonstrate this, I created a simple project which contained a single
> > table with two columns: an autoincrement primary key and a value (type
> > double). Initially, the table was completely empty.  After initializing
> > Torque, I created a new object, set the value and attempted to save it.
> > I got the following error:
> >
> >  org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: currval of sequence
> > "mytest_seq" is not yet defined in this session
>
> Can you please post the schema you used for this demonstration.  I am
> curious to know if you are telling torque the name of the sequence to
> use (I suspect not).
>
> Have you read the following?
>

> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/PostgreSQLF
>AQ

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond... I've been absolutely swamped and
haven't had an opportunity (until today) to rebuild my test case and play
with this.

I had not read the Wiki page ... in fact, I didn't even know Torque had a
Wiki!  I took my basic schema and added the id-method-parameter tag to
specify the sequence name.  After a little finagling to make certain I had my
test project setup correctly, I was able to verify that the problem was
solved.

Bottom line: you were right, Scott!  I'm a little unhappy with PostgreSQL for
throwing me off for a while there... but I'll survive. *grin*

Meanwhile, I've been keeping an eye on the Torque-User mailing list as well.
I have noticed that everyone has a little difficulty getting started with
Torque, but we all think it's great once it's running.  There is a fair
amount of documentation available, but it seems to be a little daunting for
most newbies (myself included).  Could I offer any assistance with the
documentation effort?

Thanks again for your patience, Scott.

-Sean