db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Florin Vancea" <fvan...@maxiq.ro>
Subject Re: Torque and Maven question
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:18:51 GMT
1. What's at line 93 of BaseSurveyReportDefinitionParameterPeer.java ?

2. You can tell Maven to use another Torque jar by changing the
"project.xml" found in the torque plugin dir.
Look into the plugins dir for maven-torque-pluginXXX dir, then inside that
you'll find a "project.xml" file.
Inside that file you'll find a <dependencies> section, and inside that
there's a dependency for torque. You'll figure from there.
If not, come back here.

HTH, Florin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Mcminn" <NMcminn@theblragency.com>
To: <torque-dev@db.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 6:35 PM
Subject: Torque and Maven question

I have previously posted this message to the Torque users list, and it
was suggested that I post it here as nobody really had an answer.

We have a fairly large application developed using
Torque/Turbine/Velocity, and we are using Maven to manage the project.
The Torque plugin for Maven appears to work when generating my Torque
files, but compiling them fails with the following error:

C:\SOURCE~1\NEO-MA~1\NEO\src\java\com\nequalsone\om\BaseSurveyReportDefi
nitionParameterPeer.java:93: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable category
location: class
com.nequalsone.om.BaseSurveyReportDefinitionParameterPeer
                category.error("Could not initialize Peer", e);

The version of Torque used is 3.1.  I am using a custom base class and a
custom base peer, and "category" isn't defined in either one.  It has
been suggested that this may have something to do with log4j being used
for logging.  I am still fairly new to Torque, and would appreciate any
pointers.
Nathan McMinn
Application Developer
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools