db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David Zverina <dzl...@zverina.co.uk>
Subject Re: Creating XXX-schema.xml from existing DB
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:25:52 GMT
And good day to you. :)

"- jdbc
generates an XML schema of an existing database from JDBC metadata"
--    From: http://db.apache.org/torque/generator/index.html

It's relatively easy to do but not very documented. A sample usage is
show in:
http://www.mail-archive.com/torque-user@db.apache.org/msg01293.html.

This question really belongs in the torque-user mailing list but
hopefully the info above is sufficient to get you going.

Cheers,

David.

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 11:19, Juan Uys wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I would like to know if one can create an XXX-schema.xml from an existing DB?
> I couldn't find anything - I just scanned all the docs.
>
> I would like to help develop such a feature. It would use the standard JDBC API (ResultSetMetaData,
etc).
> The utility would create the bulk of the XXX-schema.xml file, and surely the user must
go afterwards and edit the necessary bits.