db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David Thexton <da...@consultants.co.nz>
Subject Patch included to fix problems with TorqueDataDumpTask
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:20:36 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to use Torque to write database independent schema and
data files and allow the loading of these to MySQL for development and
(soon) Oracle for production.

To capture sample data entered from our application I will occassionally
use the TorqueDataDumpTask to save data from MySQL as a Torque data file.

I've discovered (and fixed) a number of problems:

1.  The first row of each table was missed.
2.  The last row of each table with at least 1 row contained just
     null values.

I fixed these by changing the way calls TableTool wrapped a ResultSet as
an Iterator.

3.  The MySQL type LONGTEXT defaulted to a VARCHAR.

I added a mapping from Types.Other to SchemaType.CLOB.  I hope this is
right.  Maybe someone else knows better, but it works for me.

4.  The DOCTYPE definition in the "torque-data.xml" misreferences the
     DTD.

Initially I changed the reference to "file:src/schema/torque-data.dtd",
but I found that as this was relative to the current working directory
when I invoked a subproject Maven goal from my top level Maven project
it was looking relative to the top level project.

I resolved to remove the reference.  Again, maybe someone else knows
better, but this now works for me.

I've included a unified diff of my work, partly just in the hope that
these changes will be incorporated into the next release of Torque and
thus prevent me from needing custom modifications, but also in the hope
that it might help someone else.

Thanks.