db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Shea <s...@gtsdesign.com>
Subject Re: DatabaseMap empty except for ID_TABLE?
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:39:45 GMT
Hi Henning --

Whoops, I was unclear.  Sorry about that...

I want to use hsql in it's in-memory mode for unit testing, for maximum
performance.  The schema is well-known and Torque classes already exist
for it.  The downside of using an in-memory database is that the schema
must be built from scratch every time the tests are run.  Torque is able
to create the schema for me in hsql, but it will build the _entire_
schema, hundreds of tables.  The unit tests only apply to a few of the
tables.  I want to create individual tables on demand.  I have looked at
how to do it, but not recently -- it seemed like a pretty big
job.  Just wondering if your changes would make it any easier...

Thanks!

        Gary