db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: DatabaseMap empty except for ID_TABLE?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:16:01 GMT
Hi,

the problem is, that the Torque peer and object classes are not
configured from a generic class but built from templates and then have
to be compiled. Dynamic building would be possible but you would have to
generate the templates in memory, then run the compile on them and load
the result with a class loader. Quite some work. :-)

Unfortunately, Torque is best suited for well defined peers and objects
which are built at compile time, not run time. If you want to build
something with hsql for testing, why not use the actual peer and object
classes but have a different Torque configuration for testing which uses
hsql (I assume that you use a different database for production).

	Regards
		Henning