db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Chiu Yee Weay" <ywc...@paradigm.com.my>
Subject Problem in <sql> task for Oracle
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:40:06 GMT
Greetings,

When we generate Oracle scripts from XML schema, says :

    <column name="ABC" size="2147483647" type="LONGVARCHAR"/>

The output is :

    AC01UREMARKS VARCHAR2 (2000) (2147483647)

, which causing error. I suppose this is caused by the Oracle templates,
where it says in db.props :

    LONGVARCHAR = VARCHAR2 (2000)

, and in columns.vm, it says :

    #set ( $entry = "$col.Name $type $size $default $nullString," )

Thus, I suppose we need to update the file db.props to remove the
VARCHAR2 size for LONGVARCHAR, or otherwise, make changes to the file
columns.vm, by putting some condition to avoid the size to reappear.

I think the latter is better.

Chiu Yee Weay
Systems Engineer
Paradigm Systems Sdn Bhd