db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David_Solb...@dadebehring.com
Subject Antwort: Re: OracleDB & TDK2.3 (Torque 3.1) Login Failure - Debugging
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:30:46 GMT
>So I would suggest that your connection to Oracle may not configured
>correctly.  Try adding the following to your log4j.properties to see if
>some useful info is produced (assuming you have a default appender
>configured):
>log4j.category.org.apache.torque.dsfactory = DEBUG, default

Ok, i'll try that! unfortunately I have problems with the log4j anyway
(how do I configure the default appender correctly? I used the example
from the tutorial. but it gives me:

  [torque-sql] log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.engine
  [torque-sql] log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named
"org.apache.torque.engine".

>If you run the above query in the Oracle command interpreter does it
>produce the desired result?

yes, I've done that, the SQL query is correct and processed by oracle with
the expected result

>BTW: Please don't cross-post questions - choose the correct mailing list
>and post to it alone.

okay, sorry, I wasn't sure, which is the correct list.

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.