db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From David_Solb...@dadebehring.com
Subject Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: OracleDB & TDK2.3 (Torque 3.1) Login Failure - Debugging
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:44:52 GMT
How could my connection / Db-setting be faulty if Torque managed to create
all the tables during ant init?

David

Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au>
24.10.2003 14:50
Bitte antworten an "Apache Torque Developers List"

        An:     Apache Torque Developers List <torque-dev@db.apache.org>
        Kopie:
        Thema:  Re: Antwort: Re: OracleDB & TDK2.3 (Torque 3.1) Login Failure - Debugging

David_Solbach@dadebehring.com wrote:

>>So I would suggest that your connection to Oracle may not configured
>>correctly.  Try adding the following to your log4j.properties to see if
>>some useful info is produced (assuming you have a default appender
>>configured):
>>log4j.category.org.apache.torque.dsfactory = DEBUG, default
>>

>Ok, i'll try that! unfortunately I have problems with the log4j anyway
>(how do I configure the default appender correctly? I used the example
>from the tutorial. but it gives me:
>
>  [torque-sql] log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key
>log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.engine
>  [torque-sql] log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named
>"org.apache.torque.engine".

Unless you are particularly interested in the messages that will be
produced you can usually ignore the log4j errors.
Something like the following should work (I have this in the classes
directory for the webapp, not sure off the top of my head, but there may
also be references to where this file is located in TR.props or
Torque.props):

log4j.category.default = DEBUG, default, email

log4j.category.org.apache.torque.dsfactory = DEBUG, default
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = INFO, default
log4j.category.org.apache.turbine = INFO, default

log4j.appender.default = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.default.file =
C:/eclipse-workspace/myproject/target/webapps/mywebapp/logs/my.log
log4j.appender.default.MaxFileSize = 1024KB
log4j.appender.default.MaxBackupIndex = 5
log4j.appender.default.append = false
log4j.appender.default.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.default.layout.conversionPattern = %d %-5p [%-10t] %c{2}
- %m%n

>>If you run the above query in the Oracle command interpreter does it
>>produce the desired result?
>>

>yes, I've done that, the SQL query is correct and processed by oracle
with
>the expected result

Okay, so if you get the connection right then it may work for you.

>>BTW: Please don't cross-post questions - choose the correct mailing list
>>and post to it alone.
>>

>okay, sorry, I wasn't sure, which is the correct list.

A good majority of Turbine users use Torque, your question relates to
Turbine as well as Torque and concerns use rather than development - the
correct list would be turbine-user.  _I_ on the other hand responded to
the incorrect list as a result of your crosposting :-)

HTH,

Scott

--
Scott Eade