db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: [vote] some breaking changes
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:21:25 GMT
Martin Poeschl wrote:

> i would like to do the following changes ...
>
> * remove support for stratum interfaces
> as turbine is the only user of the interfaces and you can use the
> avalon component service since turbine 2.3

+1

> * always use classpath to load templates
> i never used the template path since torque supports loading the
> templates via classpath ... if people have to extend the templates,
> they should build their own jar ...

-0  I use classpath too, but I would imagine it would be a PITA when
tweaking the templates to have to jar them up for each change (though
not too difficult with the right build script).  No doubt you are the
person that tweaks the templates the most anyway so it is really your call.

> * remove support for old properties (without torque prefix)

+1

> * change version number to 4.0

+0  IMO there really needs to be some significant changes/feature
additions to push the version number.  I guess you could argue that the
proposed removal of the requirement to regenerate the model for
different dbs could fit the bill (this would have been really handy for
the database conversion I have just finished).

Cheers,

Scott

--
Scott Eade