db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Configuring pools - how?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:36:37 GMT
Hi all,

Having read the pools howto in the docs from an end user point of view,
I can say they do not answer the question "how to".

Specifically, it highlights a number of ways in which pools can be
configured, but neglects to mention clearly the recommended way to
configure pools.

In addition, it seems that config from both the bookshop example, and
config from Scarab have been mixed together in the section marked
"Tomcat example of external configuration/binding", which has confused me.

It would seem to me that the best way to configure the pool, is to let
the container create the pool and make it available. The howto neglects
to mention though how the Torque singleton should be initialised in this
case: Torque.init(<what?>).

Is it possible to make the docs clearer?

Regards,
Graham