db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: OracleDB & TDK2.3 (Torque 3.1) Login Failure - Debugging
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:53:10 GMT
David_Solbach/MR/de/DadeInt@dadebehring.com wrote:

>[DEBUG] BasePeer - -SELECT TURBINE_USER.USER_ID, TURBINE_USER.LOGIN_NAME,
>TURBINE_USER.PASSWORD_VALUE, TURBINE_USER.FIRST_NAME,
>TURBINE_USER.LAST_NAME, TURBINE_USER.EMAIL, TURBINE_USER.CONFIRM_VALUE,
>TURBINE_USER.MODIFIED, TURBINE_USER.CREATED, TURBINE_USER.LAST_LOGIN,
>TURBINE_USER.OBJECTDATA FROM TURBINE_USER WHERE
>TURBINE_USER.LOGIN_NAME='turbine'
>[DEBUG] BasePeer - -Elapsed time=110 ms
>  !! [ERROR] LoginUser -
>-org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException: Failed to retrieve
>user 'turbine'

The exception you are getting says this:
    Thrown to indicate that there was an error accessing the data
backend of the SecurityService.

So I would suggest that your connection to Oracle may not configured
correctly.  Try adding the following to your log4j.properties to see if
some useful info is produced (assuming you have a default appender
configured):
    log4j.category.org.apache.torque.dsfactory = DEBUG, default

If you run the above query in the Oracle command interpreter does it
produce the desired result?

BTW: Please don't cross-post questions - choose the correct mailing list
and post to it alone.

Scott
--
Scott Eade