db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dietrick <rdietr...@sega.com>
Subject village classes doing select before update
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:51:44 GMT
I've discovered that the village classes are doing tons of select
statements every time I issue an update on an object.  This seems wholly
unnecessary, and it's got my DBA barking down my throat about Oracle
latches and the statement compilation rate skyrocketing.  I've seen
references to this problem on the dev list, but I haven't noticed
anything in the changelogs to suggest that it was ever officially fixed
in a later release (I'm using 3.0).  Has anyone got any suggestions
about how to either do away with these select statements or force them
to be issued as PreparedStatements instead of Statements (to cut down on
Oracle compiling the statement anew each time)?

Thanks.

-rob