db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Poeschl <mpoes...@marmot.at>
Subject Re: plans for next release
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:55:42 GMT
Daniel Rall wrote:

> Martin Poeschl wrote:
>
>> i added some of my ideas to the wiki page
>>
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/NextRelease
>>

>> additions? comments?
>

>     *  remove the old, deprecated and buggy ConnectionPool? [done]
>     * drop support for idMethod = sequence | autoincrement
>
> Drop it in favor of native | idbroker?

yes, sequence | autoincrement are deprecated since 3.0 so i think it's
save to remove it
at the moment the idMethod information is included in the generated
files ... if we drop sequence | autoincrement it will be easier to move
this information to the configuration

>     * move all db specific stuff from the generated classes to the
> base classes (so you don't have to regenerate the modell for different
> dbs)
>
>     * improve the generated ojb model
>     * add scale attribute for columns
>
> This is important for supporting a wider variety of DBs.

i patched my local version and this will be commited soon :-)

>     * add domain element to schema.xml (name, type, javaType, size,
> scale)
>           o the domains can be reused in any column
>           o this allows to map jdbc types to domains and solves the
> problem with definitions like BIGINT = NUMBER (20, 0)
>     * add platform package to replace db.prop files (inheritence is
> your friend ;-)
>     * backport sql generation for the generator from commons-sql
> (inheritence is your friend ;-)
>
> Dumping the Torque Velocity templates?

yes, for the sql generation

martin