db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject Re: 3.1 builds available
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:11:41 GMT
Doh!  So it was user error after all; sorry about that ;)  I had
torque-3.0.jar in my classpath instead of torque-3.1.jar.  I was using
the correct build-torque.xml.  I was always running directly off the
.jar so torque.useClasspath probably didn't change anything, but it's
good to know.

Maybe it would be beneficial to include upgrade instructions on the
Torque page so you don't get bug reports like this one when people
upgrade from 3.0.x -> 3.1?  I could provide the beginnings of the
instructions if you would like.

If I run into anything else I'll post to torque-user.  Thanks again!

Matt

Martin Poeschl wrote:

> make sure torque-3.0.jar is not in your classpath
> make sure torque-gen-3.1.jar is in the classpath (for the generation)
> set torque.useClasspath = true to load the templates from the jar
> instead of loading them from the filesystem
> upgrade the build-torque.xml
>
> martin
>
> Sgarlata Matt wrote:
>
>> Martin Poeschl wrote:
>>
>>> could you please provide more information (property files ..
>>

>> Attached is my build.properties file.  Is there anything else you need?
>>
>> are you
>>
>>> using the torque package as it is it integrated in your project
>>> evironment ...)
>>

>> I'm not sure what you mean.  I included torque-3.1.jar in my project
>> environment (and not torque-gen-3.1.jar).  I don't think this is an
>> integration issue though because the velocity variables (like $col) of
>> course won't work in Java code and they are showing up.
>>

>>> thanx!
>>>
>>> martin
>>

>> Let me know if I you need anything else,
>>
>> Matt

Matthew Sgarlata
Senior Consultant
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.