db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Xavier Maysonnave <xav...@omondo.com>
Subject Torque 3.1 and db-init
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:56:32 GMT
Hi,

I have checked the db-init velocity templates and here is the result of my investigations.
Comments are welcome if you think it's interresting.

1 - the mssql templates is not implemented, it could be like that :

createdb.vm

USE master
GO
#foreach ($databaseName in $databaseNames)
DROP DATABASE $databaseName
GO
CREATE DATABASE $databaseName
GO
#end

2 - the oracle and sapdb createdb.vm contain two double dash at the beginning of each sql

instructions. is there any reasons to do that ?

3 - the axion database is an in-memory database, I tried to check the axion doc and I
didn't find any create database so is there any reason to see it in the db-init directory
?

4 - I posted this question yesterday on the torque-user mailing list but I think this
question is related too :
What is the templates who apply for instandb, weblogic, informix (cloudscape ?) ?

Regards.