db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Baker" <gary.ba...@movielink.com>
Subject Private member foreignTableNames in org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Table
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:13:16 GMT

I was fishing around looking trying to figure out why Torque won't
maintain a collection of child objects when I have a foreign key to the
same table and found this, probably unrelated, oddity.

Starting at line 511 of

     * Adds a new FK to the FK list and set the
     * parent table of the column to the current table
     * @param fk A foreign key
    public void addForeignKey(ForeignKey fk)
        fk.setTable (this);

        if (foreignTableNames == null)
            foreignTableNames = new ArrayList(5);
        if (foreignTableNames.contains(fk.getForeignTableName()))

foreignTables is private, and this is the only place that it is added to
Am I losing my mind, or is it impossilble that foreignTableNames will
ever contain anything?
Shouldn't there be a bang in the second if statement????

None of this really matters, since no one is calling the getter for this
member and it's never really referenced from within table, but I thought
I'd bring it up anyhow...

PS:  if someone tells me how, I'll fix it myself...