db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Problem with SQL load task - ideas?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:19:09 GMT
Hi,

I have the following problem:

I have a table (PostgreSQL). This table has multiple colums, one is a
CLOB (PostgreSQL text) column. This column should get a text which is
generated by another application. The problem is, that this text might
look like this:

"foo bar
This bugger is --->              <---- that thick.
baz
bla
point 1
point 2
point 3
"

Which means, that I can contain multiple whitespaces and/or line feeds.

This is find in our source represenatation which is generated by an XML
transformation tool. I get stuff like this:

This XML file should be fed to the torque:insert-sql task to be put in
the database. However, the Torque task uses Texen, which in turn uses
Velocity, which "gobbles up excessive whitespace". Duh! There goes my text
formatting and/or linefeeds.

Can I turn this "excessive whitespace gobbling" off? If yes, how? If
not, is Texen still the right tool for us, because it simply changes
the value of database columns to be inserted?

	Regards
		Henning

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F1874B0.6030507@coyotegulch.com>