db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: IOException -> SAXException (was: Developer communication)
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:26:35 GMT
Martin Poeschl <mpoeschl@marmot.at> writes:

>hmmmm .... so let's look at the sources at sax.sf.net

>    *public* InputSource resolveEntity (String publicId, String systemId)
>	*throws* IOException, SAXException
>    {
>	*return* *null*;
>    }

>the IOException was introduced in sax 2.0 ..

Martin,

this is an _IMPLEMENTATION_. An implementation is allowed to leave
exceptions out which are defined in the method. The only valid thing
is the INTERFACE, which defined the signature of the method.

And in my source of the the JDK 1.4.1:

% less org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.java
[...]
    public abstract InputSource resolveEntity (String publicId,
                                               String systemId)
        throws SAXException, IOException;
[...]

q.e.d.

>i prefere to keep the change

I beg to differ. I prefer to remove it, because it simply isn't
necessary. :-)

	Regards
		Henning

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F1874B0.6030507@coyotegulch.com>