db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Developer communication
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:11:31 GMT
Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

>"Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps@intermeta.de> writes:

>> just a quick question: I posted comments for two checkins lately: One
>> about that ugly != null checking by jmcnally which I voted down,

>John has been heads-down on Scarab (with me and the rest of the team)
>trying to get a release out for our biggest client -- we're about
>done, so I'm sure he'll get back to ya soon, Henning.  (I realize that
>that's not your point, just an FYI.)

That's ok and I do know what deadline pressure is (I'm currently under
it, too).

However, if you put a checkin into code, it is IMHO common decency to
look onto the dev list from time to time and react if there are any
comments on your code. At least I try to do this, even when I'm
busy. There is always time when your code is currently rebuilding.

A comment of "well, I know that this is ugly but I need this to fix
<xxx> and I will put a better fix in next week" is normally accepted
by most developers.

	Regards
		Henning

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F1874B0.6030507@coyotegulch.com>