db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Ragsdale <...@SKYLIST.net>
Subject 3.1rc1?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:50:20 GMT
Hello all!

I'm new to Torque, and am just starting to torque-enable a current
project which was originally written in perl but is slowly being ported
to java to make it more robust.  I wrote a DB access object layer in
many ways similar to torque for our perl application, and so I went
looking for something similar in java and found Torque.  From what I've
seen so far, it seems very well designed.

Unfortunately, I've been running into some problems getting it working.
  I'm running 3.1-beta1, because I ran into some other issues running
3.02 (ant classpath problems) that appear to be fixed in 3.1-beta1.
Unfortunately, I'm still finding problems in 3.1-beta1. To be brief, I
found a couple of minor bugs in the jdbc -> xml schema creation,  some
code generation problems (which appear to be minor), and a small bug in
the MapBuilder.vm template.

This brings me to my actual question.  According to the Torque webpage,
3.1-rc1 has been released, but it doesn't show up in the downloads
section.  Has it actually been released, and if so, how do I get it?
Basically, I want to get the latest & greatest to see if my bugs have
been fixed before I start generating patches and or bug reports.  Or
should I be using CVS for this?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian