db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Developer communication
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:15:33 GMT
Hi,

just a quick question: I posted comments for two checkins lately: One
about that ugly != null checking by jmcnally which I voted down, the
other about the IOException -> SAXException change by Martin which I
still consider unncecessary because the IOException is allowed by the
interface and just because "Eclipse says, this is a bug" changing a
valid statement is not really an explanation to me.

There was _zero_ response. Zero discussion. Both comments got
"silently ignored". No "well, I do this, because ... " or "you're
right, we should..." or "you suck, go away...". Nothing. Can we please
discuss at least a little such controversial changes (discussing them
after they got in is fine, we can revert them anyway)? Else this feels
like talking to a wall. Some disconnected developers scribble on the
code but no real communication happens.

	Regards
		Henning

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F1874B0.6030507@coyotegulch.com>