db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Mitch Christensen" <mitch.christen...@informatixinc.com>
Subject RE: FW: Torque logging...
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:07:28 GMT
Thanks for responding Peter.

I am using the Jdbc2Pool, my torque.properties file is included below.

I supect that I am slowly leaking connections, but have no way of checking
the pool status.  Logging seems like the best option.  Unfortunately, no
matter what I do, no logging ever occurs.

I did see a posting about moving the logging parameters out of TRP in
Turbine 2.2x, but I followed the instructions and put the log4j.properties
in the WEB-INF\classes directory (to get it into the classpat) to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

-Mitch

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# $Id: Torque.master,v 1.3 2002/08/07 08:07:01 jmcnally Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for Torque.
#
# Note that strings containing "," (comma) characters must backslash
# escape the comma (i.e. '\,')
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

torque.applicationRoot = .

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  L O G G I N G
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# We use Log4J for all Torque logging and we embed the log4j
# properties within our application configuration.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

# This first category is required and the category
# must be named 'default'. This is used for all logging
# where an explicit category is not specified.
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = debug, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file =
${torque.applicationRoot}/logs/torque.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p
%c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#  T O R Q U E  P R O P E R T I E S
#
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are your database settings. Look in the
# org.apache.torque.pool.* packages for more information.
#
# The parameters to connect to the default database.  You MUST
# configure these properly.
# -------------------------------------------------------------------

torque.database.default=costars
torque.database.costars.adapter=oracle

# it would be nice to get this working as well...
torque.database.logInterval = 5000

## Using Jdbc2Pool for ourapp pool
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSou
rceFactory
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.pool.validationQuery=select dummy from dual
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.url =
jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:1521:ourapp
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.user = xxxxx
torque.dsfactory.ourapp.connection.password = xxxx

## Using jndi
#torque.dsfactory.costars.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSource
Factory
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.path=jdbc/costars
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
#torque.dsfactory.costars.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs =
org.apache.naming

# Determines if the quantity column of the IDBroker's id_table should
# be increased automatically if requests for ids reaches a high
# volume.

torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true