db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Brice Copy <brice.c...@cern.ch>
Subject Oracle XMLType support for generation
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:31:41 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to add Oracle 9i's XMLType support in my Torque scripts.

XMLType is in its most basic form a glorified CLOB, with associated API
to manipulate/query the XML document.

I'm not doing anything complex, merely generating a set of SQL scripts,
along with PL/SQL packages etc..
I don't intend to generate an ORM layer or anything of the kind.

I'm not so familiar with Torque (or its underlying libs), and I simply
updated the following files :

- database.dtd     to add XMLTYPE

- db.props, dbJavaType.props, dbSizes.props, dbSQLTypes.props  to add
XMLTYPE lines very similar to CLOB ones
e.g. XMLTYPE = XMLTYPE  (similar to CLOB = CLOB really)

- columns.vm   to look like this :

#foreach ($col in $table.Columns)
    #set ( $type = $dbprops.get($col.Type) )
    #if ( $type == "XMLTYPE" ) #set ( $xmlstorage = "STORE AS CLOB" ) #end
    #set ( $size = $col.printSize() )
    #set ( $default = $col.DefaultSetting )
    #set ( $nullString = $strings.select($col.isNotNull(),
$dbprops.get("NOTNULL"),"") )
    #set ( $entry = "$col.Name $type $!xmlstorage $size $default
$nullString," )
    $strings.sub($strings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
#end

However, when running ANT, I get the following entries in the
Velocity.log :

Wed Jul 09 18:27:46 CEST 2003  [error] Method get threw exception for
reference $dbprops in template bc4j/columns.vm at  [2,20]
Wed Jul 09 18:27:46 CEST 2003  [error] Method parse threw exception for
reference $generator in template bc4j/table.vm at  [9,16]
Wed Jul 09 18:27:46 CEST 2003  [error] Method parse threw exception for
reference $generator in template bc4j/Control.vm at  [35,9]

So basically the db.props file might be invalid. But I'm suspecting that
the problem is in the underlying libraries. It's not a problem of
parsing the props or vm files, because if I remove my schema.xml's
column type to CLOB, it generates fine.

Anybody with a Torque developer take on this ?

Thanks

Brice