db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>
Subject Turbine/torque : null idGenerator
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:49:16 GMT
Hi all,

I am still having problems with this. If anyone has any thoughts on
where to start looking, I would appreciate them.

I have now compiled from source postgresql 7.3.3 run all regression
tests and installed successfully. added the 7.3.3 jdbc driver to
WEB-INF/lib

Since doing so while I can read from the db ok all inserts result in the
error shown below.

At one point I could toggle this behaviour on/off by changing the
setting to
locale.default.charset=UTF-8

and back to

#locale.default.charset=

Since installing postgres 7.3.3, I don't seem to be able to insert into
the db whatever I do!

The schema is validated against database-3.0.1.dtd and all tables have
idMethod="native" set.

The following message was originally posted to the turbine list.

I have just changed my locale settings to en_GB for linux and postgresql
and changed the locale settings in tr.props as below.

Having done this I get the following error each time i try to insert
into the db :-

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table
'usertenderclass' is null
        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:692)
        at
com.ittdirect.tolreg.om.BaseUsertenderclassPeer.doInsert(BaseUsertenderclassPeer.java:224)
        at
com.ittdirect.tolreg.om.BaseUsertenderclassPeer.doInsert(BaseUsertenderclassPeer.java:576)
        at
com.ittdirect.tolreg.om.BaseUsertenderclass.save(BaseUsertenderclass.java:294)
        at
com.ittdirect.tolreg.om.BaseUsertenderclass.save(BaseUsertenderclass.java:256)
        at
com.ittdirect.tolreg.om.BaseUsertenderclass.save(BaseUsertenderclass.java:236)

I guess I must have missed something but I cannot figure out what. Any
thoughts would be much appreciated.

The reason for mucking about with locale settings ( which I have left at
default up until now) is that I need to use £ signs and I am having
trouble getting them into the db. postgresql accepts them from the
command line but not via turbine/torque.

Again, if anyone has solved this issue I would very much like to hear
how. I've already spent too much time on it :-(

System :-

RedHat Linux 7.2
postgresql 7.2
turbine 2.3
torque 3.1-alpha2
torque-gen-3.1-alpha2
jvm 1.3.1

tr.props settings :-

locale.default.bundle=MyBundle
locale.default.language=en
locale.default.country=UK

#
# This will set the charset= portion of the ContentType: header.
# Leave commented out unless you want to return stuff as a different
# charset.
#
#locale.default.charset=

Thanks,