db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>
Subject Postgresql booleanchar type broken?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:06:02 GMT
Hi all,

I am just starting to investigate this fully, but it looks like handling
of booleanchar types for postgresql 7.2 has broken between torque 3.0
and 3.1 alpha2. Does anyone know if anything has changed to affect this?

What appears to be happening is that the following code for booleanchar
columns is no longer being generated in the populateObject(...) method
of the BaseXXXPeer class.

boolean b = "Y".equals(row.getValue(offset+XX).asString());
obj.setXXX(b);

but is repaced with :-

obj.setXXX(row.getValue(offset + XX).asBoolean());

I am using torque-3.1-alpha2.jar, torque-gen-3.1-alpha2.jar and
village-2003-dev-20030625.jar.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Peter