db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Torque Peer object produces bogus SQL statements
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 14:41:19 GMT
Eric Emminger wrote:

>> This was exactly the problem - is it possible to use a type other than
>> String for the column name? - it is not clear from the javadocs that
>> the constants should be used. :(
>

> No, it must be a String that's a fully-qualified name -
> [table].[column].

What I was suggesting was to extend String to a Torque specific type
(say TorqueColumn or something), which would force people to use the
constants, which would simply behave as a string internally.

> I think the docs on the web site are more clear than
> the javadocs. Feel free to improve the javadocs! :)

I don't think the docs are broken - Java is designed in such a way as to
allow programmers to be forced to "do the right thing". I think this
should be done in this case.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon