db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dietrick <rdietr...@sega.com>
Subject caching
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 22:43:54 GMT
Apologies if this isn't the proper forum for this question.  I wanted to
search the mailing list archives for previous discussions of this sort,
but the archives are unavailable at the moment (see broken link on
http://db.apache.org/mail.html).

I like what I've seen of Torque so far, in that it will eliminate the
need to manually synchronize schema & class modifications, its ease of
configurability and use, and the fact that it removes the need to write
SQL.  However, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the
caching mechanism (Managers?).  The docs are sparse at best and admit
that the API "should not expected to be stable", but they are also dated
2002-04-11.

Has anyone used the caching system in a production environment?  Is it
buggy?  Does it significantly improve performance?  Any shared
experiences would be appreciated.

-rob