db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin_lists" <KevLi...@open-iq.com>
Subject Fw: template fixes for data/dump and sql/load
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 13:28:09 GMT

Hmm, sorry, lets try that again. Outlook express seems to lose file
attachments in unrecognised format, and automatically chooses html
formatting.

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin_lists
To: torque-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 2:18 PM
Subject: template fixes for data/dump and sql/load

Hi All

Congratulations on splitting out torque-gen, even at alpha one its a killa
tool.

We're using it to port one of our clients from oracle to postgres and I've
come across a couple of wrinkles.

1) derives from velocity's counter-intuitive #set directive behaviour, which
does NOT set the LHS if the RHS evaluates to null, so the current
data/dump/Control.vm template repeats values from columns with non-null
values into succeeding columns with null values.

2) strings containing single quotes arnt escaped when running the datasql
task so I used String.replaceAll in the sql/load/postgresql/val.vm template.
Obviously a similar fix needs to be applied for the other databases.

Ive attached diff files for the two templates :

 Control-vm.diff for torque-gen-3.1-alpha1\templates\data\dump\Control.vm
and
 val-vm.dif for torque-gen-3.1-alpha1\templates\sql\load\postgresql\val.vm

cheers,
 Kevin Holmes.