db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin_lists" <KevLi...@open-iq.com>
Subject template fixes for data/dump and sql/load
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 13:18:45 GMT
Hi All

Congratulations on splitting out torque-gen, even at alpha one its a killa tool.

We're using it to port one of our clients from oracle to postgres and I've come across a couple
of wrinkles.

1) derives from velocity's counter-intuitive #set directive behaviour, which does NOT set
the LHS if the RHS evaluates to null, so the current data/dump/Control.vm template repeats
values from columns with non-null values into succeeding columns with null values.

2) strings containing single quotes arnt escaped when running the datasql task so I used String.replaceAll
in the sql/load/postgresql/val.vm template. Obviously a similar fix needs to be applied for
the other databases.

Ive attached diff files for the two templates :

 Control-vm.diff for torque-gen-3.1-alpha1\templates\data\dump\Control.vm and
 val-vm.dif for torque-gen-3.1-alpha1\templates\sql\load\postgresql\val.vm

cheers,
 Kevin Holmes.